ITS - TCP - 003 - International Transport & Logistics
Transport is one of the main component factors taken into account when determining the final price of a product. Due to globalisation, transport gains even greater relevance. New production techniques, logistics and distribution nowadays makes no sense if they are not supported by an appropriate communications infrastructure.
In this unit you will learn about Transport and Logistics in the distribution process.
This will be achieved by:
- Analysing the factors to consider when selecting a mode of transport.
- Learning about the logistics process and the different concepts involved in Logistics.
- Examining the different logistical infrastructures.
- Analysing the factors to be considered when selecting a logistics company.
- Examining the various transport and insurance documents that are required when importing and exporting.